Tuesday, November 18, 2008

free to be

...It is early (at least for me) and the boys are not awake yet. Noah ended up in our bed last night because of a bad dream. I will have to wake Rhett in a few minutes, but I wait, happy to let him sleep just a little more.

There is a list of 13 things that I need to do today but I know it won't all get done. Only 1 or 2 really have to get done, so I have circled those things. I have the ability to put things off that really need to be done and do the fun things instead. It is a gift. ;)

It is Tuesday and I can't believe in a week and a half it will be Thanksgiving. Two of our neighbors are going to spend it with us and we are excited about that.

Today, I am Thankful for just being me. I am not perfect; my house is never clean; I am a wishful organizer and I am not a phone-talker and I can't remember names. But I also think I am a pretty happy person; a glass is half-full kind of a person; loyal and kind. I am thankful for my strengths and weaknesses because that is what makes me who I am.

I hope you are thankful for just being you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aimee, you didn't list so many things about you that are wonderful. I am thankful you are a part of our family and love our son and grandsons. Sandy

H Noble said...

I'm thankful for great friends. You've inspired me to write a thankful blog, but maybe not today. I'm thinking it might be recipe day!

Anyway, it is an amazing freedom to love yourself the way you are, and I'm working on that too.

Thanksgiving has snuck up on me too! Or as Jared would say, "Thanksgiving sneaked me up!"

Toby E. said...

My husband is finally not on call this Thanksgiving, allowing me to drag him out to have it with my family (this year the girls are at their mom's), which is actually in your neck of the woods so I'll send out a wave when we are up there!
I too have the gift of doing fun vs. necessary.
And I have enjoyed all your thankful lists.

Krista said...

If there's one thing I hope I pass along to my kids, it's a healthy self-esteem. And I think that having one yourself is the first step. Some days I'm there and some days I'm not (like most things, I guess). Is this making any sense?