Wednesday, November 26, 2008

misadventures at the post office

...I just haven't had time to take a picture of my decorating, so it will probably be after Thanksgiving. Yesterday, I went to see Noah's Thanksgiving program. They sang cute turkey songs and then had a big feast.

I also went to the post office. This is how it went. I took the package that needed to be mailed (my niece's b-day gift!) and went straight to the Automatic Postal Service machine. Love those things! I got all the way to where I had to enter the zip code and realized I forgot the address in the car. I had to cancel the order, go back to the car and get the address. I decided just to leave my purse in the car and just carry my wallet in with me. I resumed my business and when the label printed out, I realized I had no pen with me. No pen was anywhere near the APS so I had to go back to the car. I wrote her address and was going to just mail it in the mailboxes outside, but realized I couldn't go that direction (curb). By then, I had to go to the aforementioned program, so now the package is sitting in my car, still unmailed.

Oh, and later that day, I find out that a letter I had also mailed at the post office with a deadline coming up had the wrong zipcode on it.

I was frustrated beyond belief. It seems like that whole trip had been a waste. I have learned now that I will not go to the post office when I am in a hurry anymore. It is not worth it.

Today the boys have no school and I hope that we can run some errands (like to the post office!) and hope I can clean my house.

I am thankful for the time off of school. We all could use a rest.

2 comments:

H Noble said...

Oh, geez. I had such an adventure myself at our post office when Eli was just a few weeks old and in the carrier, crying his eyes out. What a trip that was, but at least I didn't cry till I was back in the car!

Glad the program was cute.

Krista said...

Once I stuck a package in the APS slot, and it was just slightly too big...and I jammed the door. How embarrassing. I love the APS machines too, but something always seems to go wrong. Much like the self checkout lines at the grocery store...