Thursday, November 20, 2008

let us all eat cake as much as we want

...It is officially less than a month until Rhett's and Noah's birthday (they are counting down!). I am really not wanting to have a party this year. But how? how? do I tell them? This is what I am thinking: on the day of their birthday, they can choose where or what to eat. We'll have a cake at home (Yes, I am making two. My mom always made two for Casey and me. It is only fair.) Then maybe the weekend after their birthay (or before) they can choose an activity (Science Museum, bowling, movie) and choose a friend to go with them. Then we will eat more cake.

I am just tired of the whole birthday party scene. Tons of toys from tons of kids, the party bags (Oh the party bags! Who started this little tradition?), ect. We don't need that! Who is with me? (Trust me, I am going to need a lot of support on this!) :)

Speaking of cake:
Today, I am thankful for:
1. chocolate desserts. I have a yummy recipe that I am making for Thanksgiving dinner! It is called Cinnamon-Caramel Ganache Layer Cake and the recipe can be found here.

I am even going to do the chocolate shavings. I'll let you know how it tastes. But I am sure it will taste delicious!

See you tomorrow!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know Connor isn't yet into the whole birthday party scene, but I am totally on your side! I have never been one for large gatherings & even having our family over stresses me out! (cleaning, cooking, etc.) So, I'll hold out on the whole party deal as long as we can!

Christy

Krista said...

Mallory's party is going to be a bigger deal than we originally planned, because our original plans fell through and she was disappointed and then I felt like I had to make up for it...sigh...but, she's with you on the cake. I asked her tonight if she wanted cake and ice cream at her party, and she said no, that she wanted cake with cupcakes on top.

H Noble said...

Oh, that cake is making my mouth water. Sounds divine and looks even better!

I'm with you guys on the party favors thing. Good grief. Isn't it enough to entertain the kids for a while and give them a piece of cake??

Anonymous said...

Aimee, you should be a food photographer. The cake looks yummy as always with things you make. Sandy