Wednesday, November 19, 2008

a good question

...Noah: Do you want to know what my bad dream was?

me: Sure.

N: Well, I wish I had a picture of it. Let me look for it.
(a few minutes later)

N: Ok, I can't find a picture of it. But I'll tell you, it was a very big, very hairy spider. You know, the one in the toy magazine?

me: Wow, that sounds scary.

N: And I kept telling myself that it was just a bad dream, but I couldn't wake up!

me: I hate when that happens.

N: Mom? Why is it when you have bad dreams, you can't wake up and when you have good dreams you can't stay asleep!? I always have this dream that we are about to go into a toy store to get really cool toys and right before we walk in the door, I wake up! I don't know why!

me: I don't know either.

N: Yeah, me either.

2 comments:

Krista said...

That is a very good question! Phoebe has just lately started to tell me about her dreams. They are usually about Tinker Bell.

H Noble said...

If you guys figure out how to stay asleep during a good dream and wake up from a bad one, let me know! He's got that down.