Thursday, October 19, 2006

amazing




...the colors, the cool air, the falling leaves are just so breathtaking! We took a little hike (Rhett's word for our walk) yesterday and collected leaves, which we later used to make leaf mobiles that now hang in their rooms. We also stopped at a small park so the boys could swing.




They didn't complain once about the chilly air, but I did have a hard time convincing them that they needed to wear coats and hats. They are warm weather children, what can I say?

Good times.

_______________________________________

Even more amazing news:

Noah can write his name! He has been trying for awhile now and has written everything from NOON to NOHA (my fave) but yesterday he gave Rhett his autograph (that is Rhett's thing lately--he wants everyone to give him his autograph) and he wrote NOAH. Yay! He showed his dad last night and after writing it, Noah said, "I need to practice a lot more." This coming from a boy who does not like to sit down and color for more than 2 minutes. I guess he is growing up.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are finally in a "pretty" place. I love all the seasons, but fall is my favorite. You are so wonderful to the boys. They see and enjoy everything. Yea, for Noah. Tell him we said congrat. to him. You don't have babies any more. Love to all, Sandy

Krista said...

Beautiful pictures, and good for Noon, I mean, Noah!

Anonymous said...

I like Noha too. Good for him.

Mom

Abbey said...

I'm so jealous it is looking like fall there. It reminds me of fall in Ohio (I've only been once and loved it).

The boys are growing up so fast! It is so fun to see their gains.

Nancy said...

Oh my, do treasure that moment, frame the handwriting, and give them both an extra hug... just because they are precious. God is good!
Blessings,
Nancy

Unknown said...

Oh my -- you actually have fall -- it was 84 here today -- what a fun time you guys had -- and a big wooohoo for Noah -- writing his name is a BIG deal!!!

H Noble said...

You're such a great mom, Aimee. You do fun stuff with them, teach them to enjoy life and are helping them to grow into people who can think for themselves and see things in a new perspective. Kudos to you!
Love the leaves!
H