Thursday, October 05, 2006

GLBs

...what in the world?, I hear you asking. GLB is something I use quite a lot at my house. The boys love it. It stands for Gross Little Boys. Everytime they start saying disgusting things, or I catch them picking their noses, I say, "You are a GLB!" and they giggle and act more disgusting. So, yes, it backfired on me but it is still fun.

Tonight at dinner was a GLB moment. Not at first. At first it was hilarious! Here is our conversation pretty much word for word:

Me: So what did you do for fun today Rhett?
Rhett: We got to go to recess. Except we had to skip to the playground, holding a girl's hand. I hate that!
Me: Why do you have to do that?
R: Because the teacher makes us.
Me: What?
R: I don't like holding the girl's hand!
Me: Your teacher makes you hold hands with girls and skip?
(I'll break in here because I never got a straight answer from him. He just kept telling me that he didn't like holding hands with girls)
Later in the conversation:

Me: You know, it is okay to be friends with girls, Rhett.
Rhett: Ewww no!
Me: It doesn't mean they are your girlfriend.
Rhett: No. NO!

Noah: Well, I played with Elle today.
Me: You did. That is nice.
Rhett (breaking in): Noah, you used to have a girlfriend last year. Katie!
Noah: Oooh, I like Katie.
...dramatic pause
N: I kissed Katie!
Rhett: You kissed Katie!
N: Oh yeah.

By this time I am crying because I am laughing so hard. I am thinking, "What a sweetie! How cute!" Then...

Noah: Rhett, I kissed a worm.

GLBs strike again. The conversation went downhill from there. As it always does. There is a harldy a conversation that doesn't end with the word poop or weewee. Tonight was no exception.

Boy, they do keep me laughing though.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How funny! Noah is going to be the lady's man in your house!

Mom

Krista said...

That's hilarious. I can just see Noah saying that with his sweet little smile.

Nancy said...

Reminds me of when my kids were small. At least he kissed the worm instead of eating it. Have a great weekend!
Blessings,
Nancy

Unknown said...

LOL!! Aimee -- this is so funny - and cute -- you should do a page about it!!!!

H Noble said...

How funny! I love it!
H