Tuesday, October 17, 2006

women and men

...ok, mostly men. Just a few questions:

1. Why does the average male not care about having your picture made? Or having a photo made of your entire family? I could name names but I won't. I will say, although my husband was hard enough to convince about having a photographer come to our house over Thanksgiving, it was my brother's lack of caring about it that really annoyed me. (Hey, I didn't name anyone!)

2. Why does the average male not realize that he has indeed annoyed you? Are they really oblivious or do they act that way so they won't have to deal with it? I really want to know the answer to this one.

3. Why is it when you make a meal that takes an hour to prepare, the males in your house either a) do not like it or b) do not comment about it but when you fix frozen chicken strips, frozen tator tots and a quick veggie they are all praise? (quick note: my sweetie usually is very good at commenting about my meals. But he did look excited about the chicken strips. A little too excited. Hmmm...)

4. Why does the average female even let any of this bother her? (I am hoping I am considered average, only in this instance. Hee Hee!)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe your husband looked excited about chicken strips because by 8:00 pm (which is what time he got to sit down to eat), all he had eaten that day was a small bowl of cereal and a small bowl of soup! You know I love your cooking, but I was hungry enough I would have looked excited about anything you had fixed. There. One question answered. I'm done for the day.

Anonymous said...

Hey, have you two gotten where you are just talking through the computer? I certainly hope not!!!
His answer to not having eaten much all day---sounds like a personal problem to me! Hope all of you have a great day. Love, Sandy

Krista said...

Ha! I have some questions of my own but I don't want to incriminate myself. Or anyone else.

So what did Casey say? (oops, I named names.)

aimee said...

Oh, Seth, you know I was just kidding! I love you!!! But, hey, at least I got you to comment!

Krista, our bro just wasn't very excited about it and said he didn't know if we would even be there for it. Blah.

H Noble said...

Seth- do you not have two hands? I only ask that b/c there is a lot of stuff in our pantry J could grab if he was that hungry. That being said, I love to wait on my husband and provide him meals, snacks, drinks... b/c I love him. That said, you guys can help out too!!!
What were we talking about...
H

H Noble said...

(I forgot what the other questions were!)
No, they really don't know sometimes that they have annoyed you. A great author once penned something to the effect of "Men's minds are like drawers that can only be opened one at a time. Women's minds are like pulling the delicates bag out of the laundry and needing an engineering degree to sort it out."
Food for thought!
H

H Noble said...

Hey Seth is an engineer! You got this woman's mind thing figured out yet?

Justin

H Noble said...

Too bad Seth isn't a Female Psyche Engineer, then he might have a fighting chance!
H