Monday, October 16, 2006

elephant, elephant



...Rhett has this book that he colored at school. It is about the zoo (because they are going to the zoo tomorrow) and it has 12 words per page, 10 being repeated over and over on each page: "Elephant, Elephant", I said at the zoo. "Elephant, Elephant", I like you. "Giraffe, Giraffe", I said at the zoo. "Giraffe, Giraffe", I like you. And so on. Well, he reads this book to Noah a lot. So much that tonight Noah read it to me. It was so cute. I was so amazed at both of them. And it was so funny to hear them try to say, "Chimpanzee." It came out "perpanzee."



Then, Rhett read the words on the back page. It was a list of animals. I know that he has most of them memorized, but he actually sounded out the word "penguin." He was really reading. So cool.



Now, about their clothing choices. This is what happens when I talk to long on the phone with my mom and dad before their bedtime. They go in their closets, find last year's Christmas sweaters, their caps and long socks and put an outfit together. Yes, they are silly. And I wouldn't want them any other way!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the shorts and the stocking caps. Only little boys can come up with "matching" outfits like that!

Mom

Krista said...

Good for Rhett on his reading skills!

The outfits are very nice too!

Nancy said...

Some of my fondest memories as a kindergarten teacher, are the times when the "light" would go off in that small little brain and the child would read his/her first words by sounding it out. What a special time for you and your boys! Enjoy every minute because they grow up tooooooo..... fast!
Blessings,
Nancy

Anonymous said...

Can I just mention to you for the 100th time how much Noah looks like you? Not because of the crazy clothing choices though. How exciting that Rhett is reading! I wish some of my freshman could sound out words like that! :)

Christy

H Noble said...

Adorable Aimee! How sweet those times must be!
H