Tuesday, October 24, 2006

dinner with friends

...On Sunday night, we had a couple over to eat with us. They both work with Seth and we have known them for a few years, since we all lived in Midland before moving up here this summer. The only reason I am mentioning this dinner is because the boys were so excited that they were coming over. They talked of nothing else the whole week! And our friends didn't disappoint. She brought brownies just for them and he watched Buzz Lightyear with them. Then the boys brought out the game Hullabaloo. If you haven't heard of this game, here is a quick explaination: There are pads of different colors that you put on the floor. Each pad has a food, instrument or animal. There is a "box with a man trapped inside" (Noah's explaination) that shouts out instructions: Skip to a circle. Spin to an animal. Now make the animal noise. It is a fun kid game. Anyway, the boys wanted all of us to play it. Our friends are such troopers because they did. They have very big hearts and have helped us out so much since moving here and playing a twister-like game with Rhett and Noah just proved how good of people they are.

______________________________________________

This next part is from Rhett:

When I woke up, I saw the money. Thanks Tooth Fairy for the $1 coin and the penny. Thank you for note too. I didn't hear you when you came in. I can't believe you live in a mouth. Do you have sisters? Do you like KitKats? My mom is really pretty. Do you have a dad? I have a clock. It is really cool. It is in the kitchen. The kitchen is red. It is pretty cool. You would like it. My dad doesn't like he is waked up by other kids in the middle of the night. Tooth Fairy, do you have any toys? Man, is it cold out there? What state do you live in? I really want to know? Um, bye Tooth Fairy. From, Rhett.

(I promise I didn't tell him to say the thing about his mom! This is pure Rhett. Talk, talk, talk. And I honestly don't know how the penny got there either. When the tooth fairy came, she left just the dollar. Maybe she came again? Or maybe her husband?)

6 comments:

Krista said...

Rhett's note is the funniest thing I've ever read. :)

Anonymous said...

Rhett's note is hilarious! I love the "um" at the end. That is exactly the way he talks.

Mom

Anonymous said...

Too sweet! Glad Rhett shared his story with us.

It is great that you have some old friends in Edmond. I didn't know that - glad they get along with the boys so well. Sounds like my Casey - he fits in with the little kids so easily.

Christy

Nancy said...

Oh what a treasure! Please save Rhett's note for him to read when he gets older. I did that for my kids and it brings about a lot of conversation, love, and laughs.
Blessings,
Nancy

H Noble said...

That note is halarious. Thanks for sharing Rhett!

Justin

H Noble said...

I love it! How were you not cracking up typing his note? Hmmm... makes you wonder about the penny!
H