Monday, October 09, 2006

these are for you

...Sandy and Sammy! The rest of you, meet my nephew and niece: Matthew and Sara. Seth's brother and sister-in-law dropped by Friday night and we finally got to see the newest member of the family. Sara was born in May, so it is about time!


***********************************************
We bought Halloween costumes for the boys yesterday. Rhett is going to be a vampire. I bought face make-up so I can make his face greyish looking and have blood dripping from his mouth. He is very excited. This is the first time since he was one that he won't be some kind of "hero". Noah is going to be Batman again. He was Batman AND Buzz Lightyear last year. He is wearing the same costume as last year, but we bought him some cool Batman gadgets to go along with his costume. They are so ready for Halloween.

They know what it is all about--the candy. Is that bad? I met a nice couple from Venzuela yesterday and the wife was telling me that back there, Halloween is nothing like it is here in America. No decorations, no trick-or-treat. They just wear costumes and go to a party. That is it. This year, we will probably be going to two Fall Festivals and at least have two trick-or-treating events available. Growing up, I never went trick-or-treating. Of course, I grew up in the country with no neighbors but my grandparents. Now, the neighbors are warning us that as many as 150 kids could be coming through our neighborhood. Yikes!
Well, I am off to bake some treats for the Fall Festival cake walk!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We just found out last night that they stopped by. I am so glad you all got to see Sara. Thank you for the pictures. They are priceless to us. Sandy

Krista said...

Cute pics!

We gets tons of Trick or Treaters here too -- we go through four or five jumbo bags of candy every year. Plus the parties, and the festivals, and what not. Luckily Mallory is more interested in collecting the candy than she is in eating it. I just found her bucket from last year in the pantry -- still mostly full.

Anonymous said...

I know that you can bake, so I would certainly love to win the cake walk! I enjoyed the pictures - very cute.

Christy

Nancy said...

I love the pictures and your trick-or-treat plans sound fun. My kids loved Halloween when they were younger. They loved dressing up but the candy was the best part!
Blessings.
Nancy

H Noble said...

I love the fall, as I've mentioned before. This year our church is having a fall festival which I am very excited about! I'm baking for our cake walk too. I bought my costume this weekend- I'm going to be a flapper! Although, I'm not sure I can wear it to the festival b/c our church is very anti-Halloween, so we'll see. Maybe I'll just wear it around!

Great pictures A!
H

Unknown said...

That sounds like my dd except we have princess stuff galore!!!

Have fun -- I love Halloween!!!