Thursday, October 12, 2006

pumpkins aren't just for pie


or for carving jack o' laterns. You can also make pumpkin pancakes! Yummy!

Friday night is usually Breakfast for Dinner night around here, but that night we are going to Rhett's school's Fall Festival so I decided to have it on a Thursday night instead. And, also, making breakfast is always quicker and uses a lot less pans and I was tired because I cleaned house all day, so that is thee main reason why I decided to have pancakes.

Anyway, because it is fall, I decided to add a little spice to my pancakes. I found the recipe in Martha Stewart Living and they were wonderful. Here is the recipe in case you want to try it. And I really recommend that you do.

Pumpkin Pancakes
1 1/4 c flour
2 T sugar
2 t baking powder
1/2 t each cinnamon, ground ginger, and salt
1/8 t nutmeg
pinch of ground cloves

Whisk these ingredients together. Then add,

1 c milk
6 T canned pumpkin puree
2 T melted butter
1 egg

Stir until combined. Melt some butter in a skillet over med. heat; pour in 1/4 c batter for each pancake. Cook pancakes about 3 minutes per side; serve with butter and syrup. Makes 8-10 (from Martha Stewart Living Oct 06)

Have a great weekend and Happy 6th Birthday Nicolas on Sunday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds good and pumpkin is something Casey actually likes! I'll have to give it a try. You have a great weekend my friend and be sure and tell us all about the Fall Festival!

Christy

H Noble said...

That sounds wonderful- I'll have to try it.
Hope you had a good weekend!
H

Nancy said...

Great idea, and so festive for this time of year. THANK!
Blessings,
Nancy