Thursday, October 12, 2006

more birthdays coming

...this weekend. My nephew's, my dad's and my grandmother's are the 15th, 16th and 17th, respectively. (I have always wanted to use that word that way!) Sad for us, we won't be there to celebrate any of them. Rhett and Noah are pretty sad that they won't be at Nicolas' birthday party. The first time in 4 years. Maybe next year...



This layout is about my dad. Noah put on Grandad's boots and was being silly. I, of course, decided to scrapbook the moment. The journaling reads: these are Noah's grandad's boots--my dad's. My dad is a great man--hard worker, wonderful storyteller, and so smart. I hope Noah learns from him what it takes to fill a good man's shoes.

I am finding myself using dadism's (dad's wisdom) more and more now. Just the other day, Rhett was trying to zip his coat (me: Do you need help? R: No, I got it.) and got it stuck. So stuck I had to take his coat off of him the hard way because I couldn't get it unstuck. What did I say while doing this? "Rhett, you are more trouble than a goat." Ha! My dad told me that so many times. And I think all of his grandchildren use "Bad Business" because of him. My favorite was the time when he, while trying to get Rhett and Nicolas to stop crawling all over him, called those two boys: Pande and Monium. (hopefully, he meant it as wild uproar and not the other definition you'll find under the word) Anyway, my dad keeps us laughing, that is sure.

Here's hoping all three have a wonderful birthday!

3 comments:

Krista said...

Hm, I posted a comment a few hours ago. Where did it go?

Anyway, what I said was that I love the scrapbook page. And that once Dad called me a piece of crud and Mom got mad at him for it. I think it was because I had done a poor job of pulling weeds. I don't think I was too offended, though.

Anonymous said...

I love the scrapbook page. Gary always has an appropriate comment for any occasion!

Mom

H Noble said...

Great page! Isn't it amazing how much of who we are is of our parents? Sometimes more than we would like to admit! My dad has always told me to "Row your own boat" meaning don't worry about everyone else and just do the best job you can do at whatever it is you're doing. I find myself telling my friends and co-workers that now!
H