Tuesday, August 22, 2006

8 years ago

...I got married to my high school sweetheart. We have been together almost 12 years total. Almost half my life. I don't know what God has in store for us for the next 8 years, but I am comforted to know that we are as committed to each other as we were when we stood in the church to get married. We have been blessed with a full cup and I am so thankful for that. Seth is the perfect fit for me and we are a great team. I appreciate him for who he is, what he does for the boys and me, and for loving us the way he does. I love you, Seth, with all my heart! Happy Anniversary!

note: This picture was taken at Montecello in Virginia. This place was magnificant. Thomas Jefferson really put his heart into that house.

9 comments:

H Noble said...

Congrats Guys! Your old...hahahah.

J

aimee said...

Gee, thanks? :)

H Noble said...

You know I am kidding. I am really happy for you guys!
J

Anonymous said...

The happiest anniversary to you two. I can't believe it has been been 8 years - my how time passes us by!

This quote came to mind while reading your blog
today --

I may be uncertain about exactly where I'm headed, but I am very clear regarding this: I'm glad I've got a ticket to go on this magnificent journey.

Happy traveling :)
Christy

H Noble said...

Happy Anniversary you guys! We're so happy for you to be so happy! Are you going to do something special to celebrate?
H

Abbey said...

Hard to believe it's been that long since the wedding. Your wedding will always stand out in my mind b/c you could see the love in the room when you took your vows. I know you will have many great time in the next 8 years! Congrats!!

Krista said...

Happy anniversary, you two! You did have a lovely wedding. (You certainly did a better job than I did of picking colors that coordinated well with our church's lovely red carpet.) Hope you had a good day -- do you have a babysitter in OK yet?

aimee said...

No babysitter yet, but we do live next to two older girls, so we should be okay with that. We did not go out last night because it was going to be Rhett's first day of school the next day, but Seth did buy me the first season of Gilmore Girls dvd. I was so excited that we watched 2 hours of it!

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary to two of the nicest people I know. :)