Thursday, August 17, 2006

this is what I felt like

...doing today at "Information Day" at the school where Rhett will be attending. Total chaos! And of course, being new, I didn't know that I needed to bring along a checkbook for the many things to be paid for (PTO, new t-shirts, ect). Luckily, I had just enough cash. There were so many people there with their kids, some who had much bigger problems than me (one lady remarked that this was like a gestapo school because they wouldn't let her kids enroll for lack of paperwork), and so much information to digest, but we got through it.

And thank goodness, I have some good news to report about it all. Rhett will be attending the morning session with a great teacher (everyone said she was the best kindergarten teacher), so I am happy. He will be riding the bus to school each morning, which makes Rhett happy. So we are all happy except Noah (he knows this was not his school, he knows Rhett is going and he is not, he already does not like this). His first day is next Wednesday so be looking for some pictures. Hopefully, he won't be doing this face! :)

10 comments:

H Noble said...

Love the face! Is that at your parents' house?
Sorry this morning was so crazy- those are the kinds of things that those of us who aren't yet parents have never had to think about. Bless you for keeping your cool- and yea that Rhett got a good teacher.
Noah may need a little extra loving, but he'll make it. My mom says that Kelly and I both cried when he went to school because we didn't want to leave each other. We're okay now. :)
H

aimee said...

Yes,it is my parents house. They bought a pool for their grandkids. Pretty neat!

Abbey said...

I can't believe Rhett's starting school! I know he will love it and after some time Noah will love the extra "mommy" time. I can't wait to see first day of school pictures!

Anonymous said...

How fun...I just love parent days! Speaking of total chaos, we had no water pressure at school today --- 1,600 students, plus teachers and no bathrooms. Sounds like "Information Day" at kindergarten! :)

Anonymous said...

Okay the above comment was from me - Christy. I guess I am a still a little distracted by the whole situation! Oh, and make that 2,000 students - I forgot the 520 freshman that we brought to high school this year!

Christy

aimee said...

Christy-I can't imagine! I think that is worse than information day, by far!!!

H Noble said...

Christy- that sounds like a nightmare! What are you teaching?
Holly

H Noble said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Sorry Aimee - I didn't mean to top your "Information Day" story. :)Happy to report everyone that things were MUCH better today! Holly - I am teaching English I Pre-AP & SAT PREP for soph.
Christy

aimee said...

Oh, I don't mind! I am glad you shared! Glad things are working again! :)