Wednesday, August 23, 2006

a day of firsts

...for the Houstons. First day of kindergarten, first day to ride the school bus, first time I have dealt with electronics to try to get past technical difficulties...big day. I am still having problems, so pictures will have to come later. (later is whenever Seth comes home to fix the mess I made--thanks honey!) So sometime tonight or tomorrow I will post pics of Rhett's first day.

So back to Rhett's firsts. You should have seen his face! From the moment I woke him up right up to when he got on the bus, he had this huge smile. It made me forget the sadness I was feeling about him growing up. Because last night I was feeling it. I just cried because time goes by too fast and pretty soon he'll be graduating high school and going away for good (I do have a flair for the dramatics, as most of you know). But today, seeing how happy he was getting to take that next step in his life--well, I had to be happy too. So even though it was very hard seeing him get on that big bus by himself (he did it like an old pro!), I was also so proud and excited for him too.

Noah, on the other hand, did not like seeing Rhett get on that bus without him. I expected that though. Noah and Rhett are really close and whatever Rhett can do, Noah thinks he should too. So I had to promise a trip to the park so he would stop screaming. Bribery works very well.

Now Rhett's first day is over and things are normal here. Normal here means falling curtains, big messes, lots of squealing and loud music. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am thrilled that Rhett's day went so well. I knew it would! I can't wait to see the pictures! :) You know, you should ask him to tell you about his day - and take down what he says and post it with his picture. Another friend did this with her daughters and it was so sweet to hear it all in their own words.

Christy

aimee said...

Great idea! Thanks!

H Noble said...

Glad to hear he did well on his first day. I'm also looking forward to the pictures. Is Noah a little better today? Was it okay when he realized it wasn't all day long?
H

H Noble said...

This is the best post ever! How cute and funny. How cool is it that you can wear hats to 'K' school?
J

By the way, nice flowers!