Monday, August 21, 2006

it was 9:00 at night




...do you know what my children were doing? Jumping on their new trampoline!!! We told them that we would get them one when we moved. The reason it is so late is because it is not that easy to get the springs on that thing. Just ask Seth (who actually did it while we stood watching). But the boys were so excited. We haven't finished putting on the enclosure yet but we did want Rhett and Noah to jump for a few minutes last night before bed. Fun, Fun, Fun.

One more thing: In 2 more days Rhett starts school. I saw the bus come by this morning and my heart lurched. I don't know why I was trying to kid myself, thinking I wouldn't be bothered by Rhett starting school. He'll just be gone in the mornings. It won't be a big deal. Yeah, right. I am going to be a wreck.

4 comments:

H Noble said...

I can't imagine Aimee. You're used to spending all day, everyday with them and of course its going to be hard. It may be the best thing for you guys to just do a few hours at a time. Is he excited about it?
We had so many fun memories on the trampoline! My grandparents had one with a solid mat that held water. We had a mud pit in her yard every summer! I think they went through 3 or 4 mats because we wore them out!
H

H Noble said...

Oh wow, you are super cool parents. I always wanted one but my mom thought we would break every bone in our bodies if we got one. I always loved going to my aunts house (Aunt Sherry Holly, as if I had to tell you) and play 'break the egg' and get hurt but still double jump each other. Good Times!!!

Anonymous said...

Too fun! We too loved to put the sprinkler under ours and play. Probably not the safest thing to do, but no one was ever hurt while playing.

As for school starting - think of it as though he is just at Mother's Day Out or whatever the program was called at your church. He was probably there more hours than he will be at kindergarten! :) You'll be fine - you'll get to spend some quality time with Noah in the mornings and then still have all afternoon to have the boys together. He is going to love it and learn so much - once you see how excited he is about school, you'll be more comfortable too!

More importantly - are you letting him take little dog?? (Rhett's FAVORITE toy to clarify for everyone.)

Christy

aimee said...

They are not allowed to take toys! So we'll hope he doesn't think he needs it! :)