Thursday, August 10, 2006

the honey story

...because my friend, Holly wants to hear it. First, I have to say that Seth loves honey on his cereal. And he loves to eat cereal. So I should have been prepared.

Anyway, we went to Virginia for vacation with my family. One night, we decided to try the barbeque at this place that I can't remember the name of at the moment. While we were there picking up the barbeque, I also bought some sour dough bread and some local honey made from flowers that grow there. We all had some that night with the bread and it was delicious. The day we left, I wrapped the honey (in a glass jar mind you) very carefully and put it in my suitcase, praying that it wouldn't break because that would be a sticky disaster! Well, when we got home many hours later, I checked the honey and it was fine. Yea!

Fast forward to about 4 days later: I decided to eat some toast and Virginia honey for breakfast. I opened up the pantry, reached for the honey and...

yep, you guessed it. Seth had used the whole jar of my Virginia honey. The honey that I wrapped so carefully to take home with me so I could enjoy everyonce in awhile and remember the wonderful time I had in Virginia. Gone. I was so sad. Then I was mad. I actually called Seth at work. Good thing he wasn't there. By the time he called back, I had calmed down.

So that is the honey story.

2 comments:

H Noble said...

On a not so sentimental level, Holly sometimes has to hide girl scout cookies from me so I wont plow through them in two days, so we sort of understand...

GO SETH!

Hey us guys have to stick together...get it stick..hahahaah

J

H Noble said...

A whole jar of honey in four days?! Seth, were you sick? or just sticky? hahaha... Justin told me to type that...

Thanks for the story Aim! That was great!
H