Wednesday, August 16, 2006

some random thoughts

...I had this morning at 5 am. That is the time I let Brinkley out of his cage. We let our dogs roam around the yard during the day, but put them up at night so they don't bark at weird noises all night. I was very happy that Brinkley barked because usually, he just does his business in the cage and doesn't care to let me know. So yay for Brinkley!

Anyway, I got back to bed and started thinking. Random things like: why am I wide awake now but two hours from now I will feel like I was hit with a ton of bricks before getting out of bed? Which led to: where did that "ton of bricks" saying come from? Because I read in Real Simple about where phrases like "raining cats and dogs" and "skeleton in the closet" most likely originated. Did you know that it was illegal to dissect a body in England until 1832 when the Anatomy Act was passed? Doctors were allowed only one cadaver during their whole careers until then. And those that wanted to keep their skeleton kept it hidden...in the closet. Ahhh.

And this obviously led to my thinking about closets and me wanting to organize Rhett's closet. It is such a mess right now. And because there is a laundry basket in Rhett's closet, I thought about all the laundry I have not done yet this week. I am way behind on laundry so that means I will be doing it all day today. And because I dislike laundry, I immediately did not want to get out of bed, even though I was wide awake. Which led to me waking up two hours later, feeling like someone hit me with a ton of bricks.

Wow. Randomness runs in a circular motion. It is like the book, If You Give a Mouse a Cookie.

I think I'll go read my boys a book.

3 comments:

H Noble said...

I love you, Aimee! That is just the most perfect blog ever!
Did you name your dog from You've Got Mail? How many dogs do you have?
H

aimee said...

Thanks Holly!! I love you too!

Yes, the dog is named because Tom Hanks had a yellow lab in You've Got Mail. I saved Brinkley from the name my son picked out--Scooby Doo. Can you imagine? :)

I have another dog, a boxer, named Scout. We have had her for seven years.

Jody said...

Just stopped by to say thanks for reading Nitty.Gritty. We love the book series and have almost all of them...Give a pig a pancake, Take the mouse to the Movies...love 'em! Anyway, happy rest of the week to you. Ciao for now!