Tuesday, August 29, 2006

have you ever

...tried hot chocolate cake? The boys and I made it the other day. It was pretty easy (the recipe came from Real Simple) but so good. It almost came close to the Mexican Brownie Dessert my mom and I had at a restaurant called Cantina Laredo in OKC. Now that was a sinful desset. It was a thick, huge square of gooey, moist brownie with a browned buttery sauce poured on top of it, then topped with a scoop of vanilla. Delicious!

Anyway, the hot chocolate cake had the same the moist consistency and some of the gooey-ness. Then we topped it with marshmallows at the end of its cooking time so they were ever so slightly toasted. Yum.

Noah, who loves all desserts, pronounced, "This is weird!" but ate it all anyway.
Rhett, who isn't much a cake eater, also ate it all. I think it was the marshmallows that sold him.
And, of course, I ate it all. There would not be an instant when I would not have eaten it all. I am a dessert lover too.
Seth, unfortunately, did not eat any. He usually doesn't eat desserts and forgets they are there even until they are all gone. He would rather have a second helping of steak for his dessert.

Which suits me just fine because that means more cake for me!

6 comments:

H Noble said...

Now that's a nice problem to have! We don't have any dessert competition in our house either since we don't like the same things, but it gets difficult to actually make something for the two of us because if I make two things, we both eat it all and then we're back to not fitting into our clothes. I know that was a run-on. Don't tell your mom, Aim.
I'd love the recipe though!
BTW, I've been reading Krista's blog and very much enjoying it.
H

aimee said...

Krista is a great writer isn't she? I love her blog! I'll send you the recipe via email Holly!

Anonymous said...

Me too! Send the recipe around. It would be great to take to after game football parties.
Christy

aimee said...

Hi Mom!! Are you going to start a blog too? How fun if you do!

H Noble said...

Wait a minute! If Karen starts a blog, we really will have to watch our grammar! :)
Just kidding- love to have you!
Holly

aimee said...

Well, I am very glad that you comment now. I wasn't sure that you read and now I know! :)