Sunday, August 13, 2006

what a day

...Saturday was! We went to the zoo, went to check out a karate place, went furniture shopping, and downtown--all in one day! We definitely could not have done that if we lived in Houston. That is what I like about Oklahoma City. It is big, but not too big, doesn't have too many people and is fairly easy to get around.

The zoo was really neat. We spent just a couple of hours there because it got pretty hot, but we decided to go ahead and get a membership to it. Now we can go anytime we want. I was kicking myself because I didn't bring my camera--the gorillas were hilarious and were right by the glass window where we could watch them. Next time...

We have decided to put the boys in karate. There is a place right by our house and once the boys join, the parents can go to the adult classes for free, so we may check it out too. Who knows, it might be fun! Rhett and Noah are pretty excited about it.

Finally, we went to eat at Earl's, which is a barbeque place. So far, everywhere I have eaten in OKC has been wonderful--no complaints! We went to Bricktown because Seth really wanted to go to the Bass Pro Shop outdoor store. If you are into boating, fishing, hunting, or anything that is outdoorsy, then this is the store for you! I, for one, was not too impressed.

So, we had a busy day. But it was fun. We really got nothing done but I guess that was the point. Those days are the best. :)

4 comments:

H Noble said...

Sounds like the best kind of day to me, spent with your family. You guys did a lot of fun stuff! How did you decide on karate?
H

aimee said...

Their cousin, Nicolas, takes karate and my sis says that he really likes it. We also think that it would be very good for Noah (and Rhett too) to find a better way to express his emotions!

H Noble said...

I've heard that before. That it gives them an outlet for behavior and an ability to focus and concentrate. I hope that its just what the doctor ordered!
H

TreyJ said...

Zoos are the best, especially the monkey house! :-)

I know we don't know each other, but figured I'd check out the new bloggers in J & H's network.