Wednesday, August 09, 2006

the farmers market

...was definitely an experience. Good and bad. It was good because we found a big watermelon that the boys wanted. It was good because I found local honey, which I am going to have to hide from Seth (that is a funny story that I'll save for another time). It was bad because the watermelon that you see in the picture was $6. Six dollars for a watermelon! Wow. It was bad because the lady that sold me the honey yelled at Noah for touching a honey jar. I mean she really yelled at him. I was shocked. Now, I know that Noah needs to be careful and not just pick up things, but he had barely touched it and she screamed, "No! No! No!" and poor Noah just froze. I was so startled I just stood there with my mouth open. (Yes, being assertive really isn't my strong suit.)

So, I guess what I am trying to say is that I was disappointed. I guess I expected this festive (which is what they called it, btw: Festive Marketplace), cheery, place with a plethora of fruits and vegetables. This was none of that. In other words, I will be doing all of my produce shopping at the Super Target from now on. Now that place had some good looking tomatoes!

8 comments:

H Noble said...

Sorry it wasn't all it was cracked up to be. $6 watermelon is expensive, was it at least a good watermelon?

Super Target, that is great. I wish we had one close, but alas Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market tomatoes for us...

J

Anonymous said...

Hey chica! So glad to have a place to keep up with you guys and to see recent pictures of the boys. Now the real miracle will be if we can ever get Seth to post something here... ;)

H Noble said...

Sorry the Market was a bust. The watermelon in the picture looks great- hope it tasted that way.

I'm dying to hear the honey story...

Aimee said plethora! :)

H

H Noble said...

Wow she did say plethora. I didn't even know how to spell it...heheeheh

J

aimee said...

I had to use spell check! :)

aimee said...

Carrie-Yes, I think getting Seth to post would be a small miracle! :) I guess he will be here in spirit only.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun! Glad to hear you are settling in and have great neighbors and kids to play with. It makes all the difference. Enjoy the watermelon!

Melissa

H Noble said...

Can you blog the honey story? And tell Seth not to be a fuddy-duddy. We would like to hear from him too. I'm sure he's got a story about his new job. Tell him hi.
H