Monday, August 28, 2006

i won

...a scrapbooking challenge! Check out designer diaries and you will see my layout, along with 2 others, in a slide show. The challenge was for back-to-school journaling and so that was pretty easy for me to do, considering I had a kindergartener. How fun!

I really love scrapbooking. It is the creative outlet that I need to express myself. I love playing with the paper to make a layout, I love adding the finishing touches to the page, I love getting to show off the pictures of my boys in a neat way. I love that this hobby is one that I can share with many people and meet many new friends because of it. I love being inspired by others' creativity and by ads in magazines. It is something that I need because it makes me think, which is good for this stay-at-home mom. It helps me connect with other adults, which is very good for this stay-at-home mom.

And it also shows the boys how they can create things in different ways too. Rhett loves making "scrapbooking" pages. He loves when he gets to use my stickers or paper. And just yesterday I showed him how to fold tape so that you can stick it to something and it won't show. He was so impressed. I love how simple things like that can impress a child. Anyway, it is something we can share together. I don't know for how long, because I know he is a boy and in a couple of years he probably won't think hanging out with mom to scrapbook will be any fun, but I am enjoying it for now.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved the "Back to School" page featuring Rhett. I have always known you were creative, but it has been fun to see what all you can do with your scrapbooking. It is also a great way to keep up with your family and friends through the pictures. I have to confess that the the pages with you and me are some of my favs! :) I mean, how cool is it to see in writing what your best friend thinks of you. (Especially since it is so nice!) You're the greatest!
Christy

Abbey said...

I'm so excited for you. I love looking at all of your pages and dream of being that creative. I cherish the honeymoon album you made for me. It was a life saver! Congrats and keep up the awesome work!

Anonymous said...

Extremely proud of you sweetheart. Not for winning the contest, but for the extremely cool ways that you preserve our memories as a family. Hopefully, Rhett and Noah have gotten your creativity.

S

Unknown said...

This is sooo true --- I loved what your journaling in your LO said -- you deserve 2 win!!!!!


Ok -- finally added you to my blog!!!!!

H Noble said...

Congratulations A! I'm not surprised- we love your work. Thanks for putting the link on your blog, and keep updating, because we love looking at them. I promise I'll try to get some of mine scanned soon!
H

Krista said...

Congratulations -- it's beautiful!