Sunday, January 14, 2007

100,000+ without power

...but, thankfully, we aren't one of them...yet anyway. I don't think we will be as most of the power outages are to the south and east of us.

Right now, out my window, round #3 has hit. Thunder is loud and sleet and freezing rain (what is the difference between the two anyway?) are coming straight down. It looks too cold. Yesterday, I saw a few kids brave it to have some fun. I wasn't about to let my kids or me go out there though. We had fun hanging out as a family though, watching too much tv, playing games and eating.

It looks like mountain weather outside. Too bad we don't have a ski resort near by. That would be fun to do later when the sun comes out again.

That is all I have. Just a quick note to let you know we are still hanging in and still have power. Again, thankfully.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad all is well. Just some ice here, but it is cold. Stay warm and have fun together.

Christy

H Noble said...

I was wondering about you guys. Glad to hear you are okay. It rained a lot here Friday and Saturday, but is just cold today.
H

Krista said...

Glad you still have power. What weird weather -- thunder and sleet all at once? I don't blame you for not going out in that. Stay warm!