Tuesday, January 02, 2007

happy new year!

...and a shortened vacation to us! I thought the boys didn't have to go back to school until Thursday but I was wrong. I looked this morning and they have to go back tomorrow! I am glad I decided to come back from my parents' house yesterday and not wait one more day...I would have been stressing!


Anyway, here are some pictures of our holiday away from home. (That makes it sound impressive doesn't it?) We had a great time but I am glad we are back home. And my husband made sure the kitchen was clean and that our bed had clean sheets on it---that was a great surprise for me! :)


I think the big boys had more fun with this than the little ones. Seth and his brother worked hard!

Seth tried so hard to get Sara to laugh. I think she chuckled a little finally. He was cracking everyone else up though!

Rhett with his gift from Santa. He has wanted his own camera for awhile and so far is enjoying this one. I will post some pictures that he took tomorrow and let him comment on them.

Noah, in front of his gifts from the family. He still had some of the "Santa came" excitement left in his face.

Pop and his only granddaughter. Sara is adorable and so sweet. We were all in love with her!

The boys and their cousin, Nicolas, "helping" Grandmom make cinnamon rolls. They still turned out wonderful as always! A special thanks to my mom for making them just for me! :)

-------------------------------------------------------

And now it is the new year. I am never good at making and keeping resolutions but there are several things I want to do and get in the habit of doing.

1. Keep up with my blog--this one will be easy. I love writing a blog and keeping up with friends and family this way.

2. Become a yogi--or just start doing yoga every day again. I was doing well last year until we moved and so I need to start back up again.

3. Scrapbook at least twice a week--I love creating and if I don't do it, I feel "blah". I want to make this a priority for me.

4. Find a church we love--and get involved with it. This is one of the hardest things about moving to another place. But it is something we need to do and want to do.

5. Take time to have fun--that sounds so funny, but it is something I need to do. Sometimes I get caught up in having to get things done, but I need to remember that having a good time with my sons or husband is very important too.

So, what is one resolution that you have?

4 comments:

Krista said...

That's so funny -- I thought Mallory went back to school today, and found out at the last minute that it's not til tomorrow.

Your niece is adorable. And I love it when you have to scrape every bit of snow off the yard to make a snowman!

Cheryl Wray said...

Hey Aimee! Looks like you had a wonderful holiday, and I just love all the pictures!! The one of the snowmen made me especially smile!
Your resolutions for the year are great! The scrapbooking one is great--I try and scrapbook a few times a week and it brings me so much joy--and also the one on having more fun! And I hope that you find a new church home. That would be great!
Happy New Year!!

Anonymous said...

Loved the pictures - thanks for sharing! Looks like you all had a great time. Luckily, we still have a few days left before Casey and I start back to school.

Christy

H Noble said...

Good resolutions- I don't think you'll have a problem with the blogging one. If you do, I know I will really be disappointed!
I want to be more deliberate about ours. We don't ever put pics on our computer, so that's why I don't put them in the blog. (My printer is in my scrapbook room, and I just print what I need for a book.)

Anyhoo- besides losing weight, one of our main goals is to make our lives more simple. We are limiting our commitments with church and everything else, and just enjoying life together.

Holly