Tuesday, January 09, 2007

scrap and share

...If you remember, one of my goals for this year was to start scrapbooking again. Well, to keep that goal a reality, I am making Tuesday a Scrap and Share day on my blog. Just so I really will keep my word!

Yesterday and this morning I scrapped two layouts. Here they are but sorry if the photos aren't that great. My camera was running out of batteries and wasn't working for me!

This one is a layout for some of the Christmas cards that we received. I need to do another layout like this one, because not all of them fit, so if you don't see yours on there, that is why.

I am not too fond of the pictures, but I think that is why I chose these. I need to start scrapping more about me because I am apart of this family too. And part of the reason I haven't is because I never like photos of myself. But I need to stop being so critical and think I have to have it "just right". This has to do with my new motto for 2007: Live and let live. Sounds silly to have a motto, right? I just need a daily reminder to be who I am and not let things that happen get in the way of that. My journaling reads:
Live and let Live. My new motto for 2007. What exactly does it mean? For me, it means to live your life being exactly who you are and not expecting others to change for you. It means to seize each day and live like its your last day. It means letting life surprise you. The next 12 months I am going to try to do this. I am ready...

Thanks for letting me share!


5 comments:

Krista said...

Great idea for the holiday cards. (And I'm sorry, I don't think I sent you a card this year! I used our family picture, which I knew you already had a copy of!) And I think you're very photogenic.

Anonymous said...

Yea! I recognize our Christmas card. Glad you put it to use. I am so happy to see your scrapbook pages again - you know how much I love them. Now, you'll have to tell me when you use some of the stuff I sent you for your birthday. I don't think I would recognize it!

Christy

Nancy said...

Just being yourself is so important and what a great thing for 2007. I love your layouts... you are talented!

Cheryl Wray said...

I love the idea of a Scrap and Share day on your blog! I will really look forwrad to coming here on Tuesdays and seeing your creations! I try and put something at least once a week on my blog with scrappin creations, but sometimes I don't do it...
Your layouts are great!! And I think those pictures of you are great! I agree that it is very important tomake sure that YOU are part of your family photos and scrapbooks!

H Noble said...

Nice, A. That's a great idea and I do love your motto.
Good idea with the Christmas cards. I always debate on what to do with the holiday photos. That reluctance to cut photos hasn't been overcome with the Christmas ones yet!
H