Monday, January 08, 2007

i need help

...because I am incapable of putting a book down. Saturday we went to Barnes and Noble to use some gift cards that we all had. I picked some New York City guide books (that is what I am going to do with my sisters and mom for my 30th birthday) and also the second book in the series of The Girls with the Traveling Pants. I was saving that book for Thursday when I have to go to the dentist. But, yesterday, I was tired and bored and I had run out of Thank You notes (way behind on those) so I picked up The Second Summer of the Pants. Then I proceeded to read the entire book! It was a long book. I really thought I could stop. Really. I mean, I stopped when I had to fix supper. I stopped when I had to give the boys a bath. I stopped when I read Rhett and Noah their own books. Then they went to bed and sat down. Big mistake. I read until 12:30 am. Then it all over but me crying, "What have I done?"

Now I have nothing for Thursday. I am going to have to hope they have good magazines. Sigh...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are definitely my daughter. If I am reading a good book, I want to do nothing but read! I can really lose myself in a good book.

Mom

H Noble said...

Its okay Aimee. Justin bought me a book for Christmas (yes, another Christian romance centered on the Amish), and I read it in two days. Sometimes you just have to do that.
H

Krista said...

I love getting stuck in a book like that, although it is annoying when things like children and husbands and eating interfere! You'll just have to go back to B&N and get another!

Toby E. said...

I have been there, done that many many times. Main problem I have with it is that I'm so into it that I get really depressed when the book is done because I feel like I just lost some wonderful friends. It takes me a couple of days to get over it if I don't find another book quickly to fill the void. The problem with that is it then starts all over again. Does anyone else have that problem?

Anonymous said...

I am glad you enjoyed the book, but I was more excited to hear that you are getting to go to NY! You will LOVE it! I did and I would go back again and again.

Christy

Cheryl Wray said...

There is nothing quite as good as sitting down with a good book and then just wondering where the day has gone!! And I love the Traveling Pants books. my oldest dd has read them all, so I did too!