Monday, January 15, 2007

here comes the sun


...This is as far as any of us ventured outside yesterday. To the little ice hill that is right outside our front door. Seth was showing us that it was pretty much all ice. Fun.
Today Seth had to go to work but Rhett had the day off anyway so we are bunkered down for another day. I won't lie to you...I'm getting cabin fever. The boys are too, I can tell. I almost envied Seth-I said almost. He left when it was still dark and I was still nice and warm in my bed. He probably didn't have a fun drive on the highway. I get to lounge around in my pjs for a couple more hours.
But now the sun is shining and it truly is a beautiful sight. Cold but very pretty. I was telling Seth we haven't seen a real winter in almost 6 years. That is a long time to get used to not having one.
One of my friends just moved from the Houston area to the Dallas area and mentioned in an email how cold it was. I feel for her, I really do because once you live somewhere hot and humid, like Houston, where it hardly gets cold and when it is, it really is still okay, you can't believe how cold it is in other places. I am still like that! When the weatherman said that it was going to be winter temperatures for the next 30 days, I was shocked! 30 more days of cold! How do people do this? See, I have turned into a cold-weather weanie. Somewhere, I hear my boys snickering at that word...

3 comments:

Toby E. said...

I totally know how you feel! I have lived in Texas my whole life and don't know how people handle the below zero temps. If it hits the 40's I bundle up like the little brother in A Christmas Story. My oldest girl is hitting the I want to look fashoinable rather than worry about the weather, so it seems like every day I am sending her back to her room to change. And my younger one is slowly starting this path also. Glad to see though you still have power and I hope your husband had a safe drive to work and a safe drive home. Hopefully it won't be long till you are all able to head out of the house again!

Missy Glave said...

Wow ... it's so cold there! I can hardly believe the weather we've been having in Virginia this winter. Yesterday we were outside with no jackets on. Tomorrow it's supposed to be back in the 20s-30s. I hope it snows at least once .... gotta get some pics of Griffin in the snow. Hope you guys can get outside soon.

H Noble said...

Sorry about the cabin fever, but I am jealous of the snow. Its just ice here, dangerous, but not really even pretty.
I'm about to head out for errands, hope its melted some!
H