Thursday, January 18, 2007

happy birthday krista

...for reals this time. Remember when as kids you always said stuff like that: for reals, play like...good times, good times.
Anyway, in honor of my sister's birthday I chose two pictures that I absolutely love of her. The first one is of her with her beautiful daughters. I love it because she is doing what she does best-making everything seem more interesting than it really is. I mean, look, it is a card, a happy birthday card for Mallory. But don't you want to know what is in that card, just by looking at Krista's face? It looks like there is some great secret in it, doesn't it? Krista is really good at that.

That is why she is such a talented writer and a great mom. She adds the special "wow" touches on life.

This next picture is also a great one. She loves her family and loves being around them. She takes the time to make sure they know it too. When Casey and I were younger, she always played games with us and that meant the world to us. I know she does those things for her daughters too. (and niece).

So have a happy day, Krista!
***
More snow is coming. I think it is going to blanket my parents, brother and in-laws first (like 19' inches, so keep them in your thoughts!) and then head our way. By this point, I don't really care anymore. We are in the throes (meaning pangs!) of winter (can you tell I have been reading Lord of the Rings?) and I am dreaming of days where I can actually drive somewhere. I have gotten really down the last few days. Winter blues. Today, I let the boys play out in the front yard while I scraped ice off of our walkway. Not fun, but at least I was doing something. I am so tired of doing indoor things and I am not really an outdoorsy person. I know I shouldn't be complaining either--everyone is getting winter weather, I know. And I am very grateful that we didn't get the worst of it. I am very thankful we still have our power. But I will also be very grateful when we see the sun again...
Everyone stay warm and snuggle up with the one you love. Unless of course, he has a cold. (Ha! Ha! Seth, just kidding. Sort of...) :)

4 comments:

H Noble said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KRISTA!!!

Was that Jana's daughter on the trampoline? Cute picture.

Stay warm Aimee- and think of this in August when you get tired of the heat. :)
H

Krista said...

Aw thanks! Or you could just say that I am good at making goofy faces!

Hope you don't get too much snow!

Abbey said...

Happy Birthday Krista!!!

I loved seeing pictures of the kids.

Cheryl Wray said...

Happy Birthday to Krista!!
She sounds like a wonderful Mom and a wonderful sister!!! She's lucky to have you too!!