Friday, January 26, 2007

happy

...First Happy Birthday to my dear friend Christy! We have known each other since the fifth grade and our friendship means more to me every year. I hope you have a fantastic birthday!

Second, here is the happiest place in my house. Why? Because of the color, of course!




The color is called Norway Aqua but as Seth said, "We have a turquoise bathroom!" The ceiling is an ivory color and brown is an accent. I found the star candleholder at Ross for $10--can you believe it? I love it! And that picture is one of Seth's and my favorites. It is from my sis Krista and her husband, Chris and it is snowbirds. If you can see closely, our names our engraved in one of the trees. We decided to hang it in the bathroom because one, it goes so well and also, now we can see it every time we come out of our closet, out of the bathroom, when we take a bath and in the mornings, I can see it in the mirror while I fix my hair. So we think it is in a perfect place!

So, anyway, that is what I have been doing this week. I still need to paint the toilet room (is that what you call that room?) brown, but today I promised the boys to do something fun with them. I think it is going to be the warmest day we have had in a month (maybe 54 degrees!) so we'll probably head to a park.

This week has been a rough one for the boys. After having a whole week off of school, they (and me too) are exhausted. They have been crabby and today Rhett did not want to get out of bed. I didn't have the heart to tell him that I got a note yesterday that said because we used 6 snow days, we now have to go until the first day of June. :( Hopefully, we won't have to miss anymore school!

Have a great weekend everyone!

10 comments:

H Noble said...

Your bathroom is beautiful! The white trim really pops and the brown will be great in there. I do think its funny that you're painting the toilet room (a much more mature name than we have) brown though! ;)

Have fun at the park, and I think it stinks to have to go to school in June!
H

Anonymous said...

I love your bathroom. It really looks great.

Have fun at the park.

I just hope you don't miss any more days because of snow.

Mom

Krista said...

Your bathroom looks really good! Those are the colors I want for our bathroom/bedroom too. I wasn't thinking of going quite that dark, but after seeing how nice that looks I might change my mind. (Hope it's okay if I copy. It's not like we get many of the same visitors!)

Krista said...

Oh, and did you actually paint your ceiling? Because that's impressive.

aimee said...

Krista-I had to paint the ceiling because the color was awful and does not go with anything.

I am glad y'all like it! I am really happy with the results. Krista, I didn't think I would want to go that dark either but I just went ahead and did it. I think after painting my kitchen red, I am no longer afraid of dark colors.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the birthday mention. The bathroom looks great.

Christy

H Noble said...

I painted my kitchen eggplant, a dark rich purple, and I love it! I'm with Aimee- I was afraid of bold color till I did it.
H

Missy Glave said...

Wow ... your bathroom looks great! I love that candle holder ... it's so pretty!

Toby E. said...

I love your bathroom! You did a fabulous job. I miss living in a house that I can paint to make me happy with color!

Cheryl Wray said...

LOVE the color!! Just gorgeous!!!