Friday, January 12, 2007

ice and more ice

...It looks like Oklahoma is in for a huge ice storm. The OKC metro area is expected to get 1-2 inches of ice through Sunday. Catastrophic, as the weather people, the newscasters and electricians and plummers are saying. Because of downed power lines. Which means we may be without power. In 2002, parts of OKC were without power for up to a week when a bad ice storm hit.

Last night, Seth went to Wal-mart and said it was absolutely crazy. No bread, no milk, no D batteries, hardly any flashlights, certainly no generators. Lines very long and people stocking up on 5 gallons of milk and so on. Seth only needed a few things, but now that I think of it, I wish I had told him to get more snacks and canned fruit and granola bars. Maybe I will make some. I am going on a baking frenzy today. Pancakes, bread, cookies, snack mix, anything that does not have to be heated to be eaten, I will try to make. Hopefully, I will be overprepared and we won't lose power. I hope that is the case.

Please pray that our family stays safe through this storm. I am going to pray for those that have to be out in it, like electricians, plummers, and road crews, ect.

And if you don't hear from me for a few days....well, I guess that means we have no power. And no heat...which means we will be snuggling together under many layers and layers of blankets, munching on snacks and trying to make the best of it.

9 comments:

H Noble said...

Now this sounds like a bad storm, but think of the fun! Tents and huddles of family time. Playing games and making ghost stories with the flash light. Plus if the power does go out, I guarantee a baby boom in nine months ;) Maybe I should spend the weekend with you guys!

H Noble said...

That was from Justin by the way!

Toby E. said...

I will be praying for your family. A majority of my mother's family lives in OKC and surounding areas, along with my uncle who is suppose to be being released from the hospital today. I am worried about him due to the fact he is not one to follow doctor's orders, and with this storm I don't know what he may attempt to do. He has been in due to infections in his feet, so it will be hard for him to get around as it is, and I know he won't be prepaired for the storm, so I'm hoping it doesn't end up as bad as they are saying. If it does, I wish you a time of making pleasent memories and some fun sliding on the ice like my brother and I did when we were younger and had ice storms.

aimee said...

And hopefully bring Holly with you, right Justin? Ha!Ha!

Worm's Woman, I will praying for your family and uncle. I hope it isn't as bad either and I hope that he will stay safe...

Krista said...

Good luck -- I hope all your preparations are for nothing! The worst part about ice storms (vs snow storms at least) is that it's no fun to go outside and play in the ice. At least you'll have lots of yummy homemade treats!

Toby E. said...

Thank you! By the way for anyone who has wondered what is up with my blog...I did finally post one!

H Noble said...

Justin! Good grief.

Hope it isn't bad at all and that it is just a minor inconvenience. I'll say a prayer for you all!

Happy baking Aimee!
H

Anonymous said...

It is beginning to be icy here. It was foggy this morning, but it is beginning to ice now. I hope it doesn't get as bad as they say for anyone, but especially for you and Seth and the boys.

Mom

Missy Glave said...

Oh my goodness ... you and your family are most definately in our prayers. Hopefully the storm will not be as bad as they are predicting.