Wednesday, January 17, 2007

lost and found

...Rhett was wanting to go outside yesterday to sled. He asked me every five minutes. I finally let him. Now keep in mind that we do not own a sled. I let him use a plastic lid off of a storage box. It works pretty well. Also keep in mind that this is pure ice. It looks like snow, but it isn't. So two minutes after bundling him up and letting him go "have fun," I hear wailing. I rush outside and he walks around the corner, his face red on one side, his new glasses bent and one lens missing. I usher him back inside, make sure he knows he will survive and get him to stop crying. His final words before I go look for his lens: "I don't want to go sledding anymore! I just want to stay inside!" Uh-huh.

So anyway, I go look for a clear lens on the ice. I looked for at least 30 minutes. No lens. I decide to wait until dark. That way I can get the flashlight and the light will shine on it. So, after supper, I get busy cleaning up their rooms and I go outside in the freezing cold with a flashlight. I am sure I looked beyond silly. But still no lens. Seth comes home. Does the same thing. 10 minutes later he comes in...with the lens! Yay! I don't know how he found it but I am so glad he did.
***
Right now I am on hold with a credit bureau company because my student loan company lost some information and it is believed my info was included in the loss. So I have to do the appropriate steps to secure my files. Yuck. Personally, I would rather be looking for a lost lens.
***
My sons are always losing things. I know kids are just that way. But it is so funny when Noah finds something. He says, "Mom! I have been looking for that for years! For years!"
***
Still on hold...
***
Rhett lost his second tooth the other day. I really think the tooth fairy of this household needs to keep her day job because the morning after, Seth asked me to go check under Rhett's pillow (Rhett was sitting by daddy on the couch and had forgotten to look). Thank goodness because the Tooth Fairy forgot to leave a treat. So, I pretended to go to the bathroom, found some quarters, then went to Rhett's room. I looked under the pillow and the tooth was not there! At that moment I was confused. I knew Seth hadn't taken it. Was there a real tooth fairy? No. Rhett just didn't put the tooth under his pillow. I searched for a few minutes for it but gave up and wrote a note saying the tooth wasn't there but here is some money anyway. Rhett bought it. But where was the tooth? On the coffee table in the living room. So I told him to put it under his pillow that night so the tooth fairy could come take it. No money would be left, but she needed the tooth for her collection. Well, I forgot to get it! Luckily, Seth got it that morning before Rhett looked. Sheesh.
***
Still on hold...
***
So between me forgetting the tooth, forgetting what day my sister's birthday is, not being able to find a lens, I am thinking my mind is going. Or maybe it is being holed up in the house for days on end. I don't know. I feel like my brain is lost. And...
Oh, I am talking to a real person! Yay! Just a minute...
...
...
Ok, that is done. Wasn't that bad. Now, what was I talking about?

3 comments:

H Noble said...

What a crazy week. Yes, its probably b/c you are out of your normal routine and going stir crazy. You'll be back to yourself in no time.
H

Nancy said...

Ice... yikes, snow would be much prettier and fun. Maybe the sun will shine tomorrow.

Cheryl Wray said...

Oh no... boy, talk about a stressful day!! Any luck yet finding the lens? My kids would have been frantic about that (well, they both wear contacts now but thye'd totally freak out, because they can't see at all without them!)
Hope you have a better day tomorrow!!
(But the sledding sure sounds fun!)