Thursday, January 04, 2007

the ride of my life

...After playing with my new toy yesterday, I have found a new favorite song: Once in A Lifetime by Keith Urban. It is beautiful.

In fact, I told Seth last night that I think it is a perfect song for us.
When I got married, I never knew that something would be so hard, so rewarding, so exciting, so unlike anything I've ever experienced. I know how easy it is to stop working on your marriage. I know how easy it is to think it would be better to just quit. But I also know how much I love the man I married. Seth has been through so much in the past few years and I can't say I've always made it easier for him. But I hope he knows that I believe in him and I hope he sees how much I care.

"Don't fear it now, we're going all the way. That sun is shining on a brand new day. It's a long way down and it's a leap of faith. But I'm never giving up. Cause I know we've got a once in a lifetime love."


I know I don't always see the good things in our marriage. I know I don't always realize how lucky I am. But I do know that about 12 years ago, when I started dating Seth, I was driving home from his house and all of the sudden I blurted out to myself: "I am going to marry that man." Then, I didn't realize where that thought came from. In fact, I kind of laughed and thought that I'd better not tell Seth my thought because we were both in high school and I didn't want to scare him off. Only God knows why I thought it at the time. But it stayed in my heart for another 3 1/2 years, until we did tie the knot. Then I forgot about it until about a year ago. Only then did I realize how important that little statement was and is to me. I think now that God put that in my heart because He wanted us to be together and to face life together. And to tell you the truth, life is a lot harder than I ever thought it would be. But it is so good too. And I wouldn't want to be on this roller coaster with anyone else.


"Don't hold back now,
just let go
on all you've ever known
You can put your hand in mine"


I love you Seth. I am so proud of you. And I'll be right by your side no matter what.

Have a great day!

4 comments:

Cheryl Wray said...

Such a sweet post!! Marriage is definitely a lot of work, but when it works it's worth celebrating! I have not heard that Keith Urban song; is it a new one? I wil lhave to go find it!

H Noble said...

That was really nice A.
I have been working on a philosophical post for the new year, but J has one more based on Christmas, so he told me to hold on. Stay tuned...
H

Susie Q said...

What a sweet and special post. Marriage is work but the rewards are worth every minute. WE have been married now for 28 1/2 years and I still adore him. Sometimes I could slap him *smile* but I ADORE him. When you find a good one, hold on and work hard. You found a good one too...: )

Warmly,
Sue

Krista said...

I had one of those "I'm going to marry himi" moments about three days after I met Chris. Funny how we just know these things.